Thanks for stopping by. For those of you who are new to this site I talk about all things personal finance with the single older Millennial and GenXer woman in mind. I am not the type of personal finance blogger who will tell you do the following:
- Never eat out
- Take ketchup and soy packets home
- Become a miser
- Never go out
- Encourage a lack mentality.
Instead, I will share the following:
- Woo woo shit that helps me with my money mindset
- How to travel for less
- Looking your best without going broke
- Living your best life for less without sacrificing quality
I have what I would consider an abundance mentality wrapped in hard work and practical ideas and strategies
Why Did I Call This Blog The Shop My Closet Project?
When I began this blog I had a vague idea that I should be using what I already have such as: clothes, product, and food already in my home. I was a bit obsessive about fashion at the time I started my blog so “The Shop My Closet Project” was the title that spoke to me.
Over the past 3 years TSMCP and has evolved to include my musings on: living life to the fullest, concepts on gratitude, happiness, what is enough, and how to live the best life with what you already have.
I’ve always loved talking about the topic of money and hope that through sharing my stories of mistakes and the occasional “win” that I can encourage people to keep trying to improve their financial life.
The Name Has Changed! Michelle Is Money Hungry
As of June 16, 2017-This blog is now called Michelle Is Money Hungry. I am so happy about this change and I want to explain why I did it.
- I’ve changed
- No one could remember The Shop My Closet Project, people would always say “The Shop Your Closet Project” English people would get it completely wrong. And, basically, one person a year would understand the concept. Sigh.
- I’m not money hungry like a “greed is good” Wall Street thing. I’m money hungry because having no money sucks, because I’m about 2 years from paying off my debt and have switched to wealth building and wealth accumulation mode. I want other single women to feel good about wanting to have, make, and accumulate more money.
- It’s time
Financial Successes and Epic Fails One Post at a Time
- Success-Stopped shopping for 365 DAYS (a whole freaking year!) Here are some takeaways that may help you rock No Shopping Challenge or at least manage your consumption. Saving me around $4000
- Success-Side hustled my way out of an expensive cell phone contract saving me $1500 in 2 years!
- Success-Went on an epic trip utilizing AirBnB, youth hostels, and an imperfect travel hack. How you can utilize these options on your next trip.
- Success/Fail-Paid a bunch of debt off and downsized my expenses..then grew my debt during an unexpected bout of Depression
- Success/Fail-Rocking freelancing but still working on growing my savings back to a healthy state to buffer me during downtimes.
- Success-Starting a blog. Growing my tribe. Changed my life.
Some additional random facts about me:
I am a life long Perrier drinker, enjoy hiking and camping in the mountains of Colorado, I believe frugal travel is the best way to see the world, I love talking to (nice) strangers, smiling at babies, meeting puppies, cooking new recipes, snowboarding , reading for hours, and I love life in general.
My goal for the rest of 2017 is to help people feel good about themselves and change their lives.
Drop me a line!
Also, check out my disclaimer page. I’m not a professional. Blogs are for entertainment. Just Saying.
Summer 2017-Currently I am posting on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays* I do allow myself the option to not post if I feel that I am unable to write a great post that day*
My Contact Information
**Will update this information 6/16/17***
Facebook Page: The Shop My Closet Project
Pinterest: The Shop My Closet Project
Sign Up For Dream, Imagine, Do!
My weekly guide to living your best life!
I also have another blog!
It’s about all things Colorado! Food, places, art, events and the list goes on. If you would like to visit my lovely state, live here, or are just curious about it, then check out:
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- I Love Conferences…But… - 18 September, 2017
- GGF009: Phylecia Jones Talks About Money, Debt Freedom, and More - 15 September, 2017
- How to Start a Podcast for $5 - 12 September, 2017