Manifesting vs. The Law of Attraction-Let’s Talk
Before we dive into this post, I’m just going to let you know that I’m going to get a little bit woo-woo on you. I plan on dropping words like: manifesting, energy, attraction, and more. Don’t say I didn’t warn you-but, I think it’s a very important topic to be discussed. Let’s get started! Have you ever read the book “The Secret?” Basically, it is a book discussing the power of “The Law of Attraction.” If you haven’t read the book it’s a quick read and I think something interesting to think about and explore.
You will often hear business gurus, dating coaches, financial coaches, etc. use the two concepts of manifesting and The Law of Attraction interchangeably. I totally get it. But, I want to spend some time breaking down the difference and why I prefer one over the other.
Manifesting vs. Law of Attraction Smackdown
I feel like these are two very different ways to approach life and have a clear favorite. Let’s break down the differences. When people are focused on manifesting the things that they want in their lives, many people may hear this and think that all these people are doing is thinking hard about what they want.
In my view manifesting the outcomes that you’re seeking in your life is a very active practice.
- Vision-First, you need to create a vision of what you want in your life-I do this by creating a vision board and writing down what I want to have happen in my life. I swear by vision boards because they allow me to literally see what I want in my life. I’ve included a link HERE on how to create a vision board to manifest what you want in your life. *Things might not happen on your timeframe* But, by having a vision you’re working towards what you want.
- Goals-I also create goal lists with a special emphasis on how and when I would like to achieve these goals.
- I work a plan-I look at the end goal and figure out all of the steps that I need to take in order to achieve my goal.
- Be kind to myself-I give myself some grace in the moment and don’t try to force the results that I’m working towards. I believe they will happen when they are supposed to happen.
Law of Attraction
Works a little differently. The Law of Attraction is more focused on the energy that you put out to the Universe. Seriously. Think about it this way, think of the angriest person in your life. That person may have legitimate reasons for being angry but they may not have worked through them. The angriest person in your life gets angry about situations that make no sense to you or others. They are frustrated about how awful the world is and how people are horrible. But, you’ve seen how they treat other people and think “well, it’s not surprising that this is your experience of the world.”
Basically, how you perceive the world becomes your truth.
Have you noticed that angry people tend to hang out with angry people? Have you noticed how emphatic big time entrepreneurs are about who they surround themselves with? The Law of Attraction is always in play, so it’s important to be mindful of the following:
- What you’re wanting in your life.
- The type of energy you want in your life.
- How you would like to be perceived and treated.
For me, I try to always be positive and kind when dealing with others. I basically try to treat people the way that I would like to be treated. I’m not Pollyanna, but I am pretty happy about life and think that people are great. Recently, I was at a Meetup and the speaker talked about a mantra that they use daily…” I am a light bringer to those who are around me.” Love this and have tweaked it for my own purposes.
Is my favorite because it’s a lot more action based and relies on hard work, focus, and consistency in order to achieve the goals that I’ve set for myself. Some of you will probably think this is hippy, woo-woo nonsense, and I totally understand. But, for me, these are mindsets and actions that I spend time thinking about and working on daily.
Do you prefer manifesting stuff in your life or the Law of Attraction?