Melanie Lockert: Deep in Debt to Debt-Free Entrepreneur
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
Melanie Lockert: Episode GGF004
Melanie has what I consider to be an incredibly inspirational story. Deep in debt, for a brief to time on food stamps, and acquainted with “the struggle.” She found herself working for a non-profit and asking herself…is this it?
In this episode of Girl Gone Frugal (again) we discuss her journey from drowning in debt, to side-hustling ninja, to entrepreneur and co-founder of the Lola Retreat. A financial retreat for women. Use my affiliate code: SMCP to get $50 off your ticket. Just add the SMCP code in the promo code box.
*This show is also shared on my D.O.N.E. podcast for digital entrepreneurs*
- Dear Debt is founded January 2013
- We talk creating an online career.
- The importance of networking.
- Being genuine in all that you do.
- Melanie’s business evolution and Lola Retreat (use my affiliate code SMCP for $50 off)
- We reflect on the money stories we tell ourselves.
- The comparison game.
- A day in the live 9-5 vs. entrepreneur life.
- What you need to know before going into business.
- Why bootstrapping initially is a good thing.
- Consistency-we talk about taking two different approaches
- Melanie challenges entrepreneurs to ask themselves: is everything moving me towards my goal?
Enjoyed the Show?
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave a review!
If you’re trying to free up cash, spend less, or prioritize your money towards what’s important:
Take the 5 Days to $500 Challenge today! You will receive 5 days of straightforward tasks to help you find, free up, and save your money. No need to hoard ketchup packets, or stop going for coffee.
More from my site
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- Why Earning More is An Act of Radical Self-Care - 13 November, 2017
- 25 Cool Gifts For Christmas When You Have No Clue - 8 November, 2017
- Figuring Out My Conference ROI-FinCon17 Was it Worth It? - 6 November, 2017