MIMH022: Stefanie O’Connell Real Talk About Cash Flow
I was so excited to speak with my friend Stefanie O’Connell for this episode because you can count on her to be candid and blunt. In this episode she also offers some insight on how cash flows into a business-it’s not what you would expect.
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
Listen to the Episode
The Show Notes
This episode gave me a lot to think about! Stefanie is a huge advocate for going after what you should be paid. She is a financial expert for Millennial Women and has a particular focus on those Millennial Women who live in big cities.
- How Stefanie makes her money. The revenue streams.
- Freelance writing
- Brand Partnerships
- Her book “The Broke and Beautiful Life”
- I asked her about how she is able to be so bold. We get into self-promotion and the reality of rejection as an entrepreneur
- She shares the term “lagging indicators of success”
- Why niching down made it easier for her to attract more business collaborations
- We talk about the importance of building relationships
- Abundance Mindset vs. The Opposite
- Why and how your closest competitors provide the most opportunities…hint-you’re friends, not frenemies!
- We talk pitching
- Anticipating what a brand might want
- The actual reality of how entrepreneurial cash flow works
- How last year was her worst year financial despite all of the successes…and why
- The new process that she has created so that she can avoid the finance pain of 2017
- 2018 is looking to be a great year!
Follow Stefanie O’Connell
- Instagram–Stefanie O’Connell
- YouTube–Stefanie O’Connell
- Twitter–Stefanie O’Connell